(Bernhard Förster (BF), Pforzheim, Deutschland)
|📰||2075||8 3/4 x 11 1/4'''||A||7/15||
||A,HSKM,F||s||broken winding stem|
|2080||8 3/4 x 12'''||A||15||
DetailsBy clicking onto the photos, you can access the detail pages of the movements
The company was founded in 1907. Initially, they produced articles for the fashion jewellery industry. 1937, they started producing raw ebauches for wristwatches.
Förster specialized later to gents and ladies selfwinding watches, in the 1970s, they produced two calibers, which were available as a kind of construction kit system in 7 respectively 18 variants. Those proven constructions were saved by national and international patents. In 1977, the company employed about 400 people.
Förster not only produced raw ebauches, but also sold complete watches with their inhouse movements under their brand “Foresta”.
In the 1970s, they shifted away from the descending movement production twoards their new and until now successfully business area (300 employees), the production of orthodontic quality products, known under the name “Forestadent”.
(based on informations of the Uhrmacher-Meisterverzeichnis from Jürgen Abeler via [Josef M.Stadl, German Chronometric Society] (/supporters/j-m-stadl-dgc/))
The features use the terms of the Flume-Werksucher: