The PUW 60 was launched in the 1950ies by the german Pforzheimer Uhrenrohwerke. It was a 10 1/2 ligne movement with direct driven center second hand, and some of them were even certified as chronometers. But also the standard version were quite well made, with the screw balance, different types of shock protection systems and seventeen jewels (where two of them acted as deck jewels for the anchor wheel). Technically and visually it was equal to contemporary swiss movements, such as e.g. an ETA 2390.
This movement was also available in different shapes of the gear plate.
|Number of jewels:||17|
Nickel screw balance|
|Balance bearing / direction hairspring:||Clockwise|
|Adjust mechanism:||Long regulator arm|
|Winding mechanism:||yoke winding system|
|Setting lever spring:||1 hole(s)|
|Functions:||hour, minute, second|
Flume: 1957 31|